1 lb flank steak
3 cups broccoli
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup soy sauce I used low-sodium
3 tbsp brown sugar I used low-carb sweetener, Swerve brown
1 tsp grated ginger
2 cloves grated garlic (fresh)
1 tbsp Hoisin sauce (optional)
1/4 cup chicken stock (optional) or water
1. Cut broccoli into florets. Set aside. Blanch if you'd like to take this extra step.
2. To blanch the broccoli - fill a pot with water. Add 1 tsb salt. Bring to a boil. Add broccoli and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl filled with ice cold water. Drain after 5 minutes.
3. In the meantime: Slice the flank steak thinly across the grain. Mix together 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water. Toss steak in cornstarch and water mixture.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet (wok could be used). See recipe notes if you are using a Fusion cooker like the one I have.
5. Add steak and cook for 5-6 minutes (or more), until the beef is cooked through. In a bowl, whisk together cornstarch, sweetener, oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, Hoisin sauce and chicken stock.
6. Remove from the pan. Add the sauce. Bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add the broccoli. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the beef. Stir to coat with the sauce, cook for 1 minute.
7. Serve over rice or low-carb alternative.
• Recipe Developed By: Mira from Cooking LSL - https://cookinglsl.com/
• Full Recipe: https://cookinglsl.com/the-best-beef-and-broccoli-recipe/?fbclid=IwAR2kqkCAYYcwwDlOphzZV1nC_B9t-mSJOW9ISLAzb9V6F0n37_ucMRkPVcs